22 May, 2018

 




Maybe starting a blog with a question would not be a bad idea. Come on, let’s give a shot! So, I was thinking that what is creativity? Upon giving a thought to this, creativity is a noun and to be more precise it an abstract noun. That’s it!

You see what is happening here? Now, technically it was a right answer but sometimes understanding is beyond such things. To understand creativity we must get one thing clear that it cannot be defined by using a bunch of words and this is because it is a dynamic term. Creativity could be even found in unexpected places and unexpected people too! And that is why I think that instead of words we need a vision to understand creativity.

Creativity could be anything. It could be the last page of my textbook filled with doodles. It could be melodious voice of Shreya Ghoshal. It could be that song which never fails to touch your heart. It could be a thought of that person which never fails to make you happy. It could be that wind which likes to make beautiful sand dunes in a dry desert. It could be that river which is determined enough to make its own way and mind my words, it could be anything and everything.

As humans, we too are a part of Mother Nature and if nature beholds creativity we too have that presence of creativity within us. Someone has rightly said that being creative is not a hobby; it is a way of life.

One of the biggest reasons that why some people are unable to comprehend creativity is that they tend to look world around them but then they choose to almost or totally ignore the world within them. Yes, there is a world within you and that world is your thoughts, your feelings, your perception, your vision, your mission and your wishes. Take out some time to pay a visit to these places in the world within you and you may end up plucking a flower from here to take it to the world around you to make it fragrant.

Now, being creative does not mean you need to be Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, Aristotle, Ramanujan or anything great. Creativity is simply being yourself. It is implementing your thoughts without bothering about how it would end up. If I wish to draw stars I can draw it not because I am pro at it; because I am usually not bothered about how it would look and that’s why I end up putting my own elements there. If I become good at it, it would become better or perhaps my hobby and if I am not good at it maybe I would end up admiring some other person who indulges himself into it.
That’s why I think that creativity is more about your approach, your point of view towards that particular thing or idea. Being creative makes you happy about the fact that you took a step forward to get to know something. It helps you to encourage yourself and to explore yourself. And sometimes your not-so-comfort zone would become your comfort zone if you keep following creativity. In short, creativity is a journey into the world within you and guess who the traveler is? It’s you, my dear! And you know what’s even better about it? It’s free of cost! Hmm….looks like travelling even for 15 minutes a day would be a better idea now.

I don’t know whether these words would be enough or not to tell you about creativity but it would surely give you a new vision to perceive creativity. I would be glad to know what you guys think about creativity. Until next time, Good luck!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting, I like the '' Someone has rightly said that being creative is not a hobby; it is a way of life.'' That is deep and true. I think you may be mixing creativity and the beauty of nature. I'm not entirely sure we can say that nature is creative but I'm not against the idea. I like the thought that nature always find a way, a simple way and that in simplicity lies great beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Creativity could be even found in unexpected places and unexpected people", that is very true. Meeting someone with a intellectual mind is always intriguing for me, or even discovering a hidden river, behind old trees.

    I feel like creativity plays a huge role in everyones daily life. Well, I would hope it would. Think of someone with no creativity? boring, not spiritually awaken, repeating the same things over, and over again. Now think of someone with a creative mind. Spiritually awaken, motivated, constantly coming up with new ideas, trying new things, confident.

    Enjoyed your blog very much, please "create" more :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry that my answer took so long. I had a lot to do in the last few weeks. I think your blog is very good. As you said, creativity is a dynamic term. However, creativity in working life today is mostly attributed to young people. But I think that every person can be independent of age and still be creative. Creativity is like a flower that needs to be watered regularly to develop. So people should have enough time to look inside and to recognize themselves. Humanity has forgotten to perceive its feelings because of existing existential fears, occupational stress and other restrictions. What do you think of my statement? Anyway, I'm happy to still be open to new experiences, emotions, and much more that life has to offer.

    Greetings from Germany

    Gerd

    ReplyDelete

  Maybe starting a blog with a question would not be a bad idea. Come on, let’s give a shot! So, I was thinking that what is creati...